Wednesday, April 27, 2011

How to Eat Like Elaine in Korea Part 2: Random Stuff I Have Eaten

Instead of instructional, this post will be a series of photos of stuff I have eaten. Delicious stuff. Mostly Korean stuff too!! 


So that one blog I read was wrong. Instead of being afraid of cats, Koreans put really adorable ones in my coffee!



Korean barbecue with my coworkers! All you can eat!


A little later in the cooking process. So delicious. 


This is the pencil case of one of my students. To be fair, I think they mean the other Washington, but I still got really excited. For the record, I did not eat it. I just had to put this picture in. 


Kimbap: my favorite Korean food. Well, one of them anyway. I have been subsisting almost solely off of this stuff. Kim means seaweed, bap means rice. I prefer the tuna variety. It's like a tuna sandwich in a roll. Two things I love! It's $2.50 a roll and there is a great place right underneath where I work. 



This stuff is 10% juice, 90% sparkling water. It's the best thing I have ever tasted. 



Koreans LOVE weird stuff on their pizza. Brendan, I think you could really get into this. 


You read that right: Balsalmic Steak Organic Pizza. Like I said, weird. Fortunately, this pizza place makes a mean Hawaiian (with corn!) for pretty cheap. Unfortunately, it's right across the street from my house. 



This is my new friend Ali. Guess where she's from! OHIO! We tried the sushi place around the corner from my house. They had really enticing pictures on the outside of the restaurant. (That's how I decide where to eat here. I can't read things, so I base all decisions on the quality of the pictures.) We nailed it with this place. All this for $10 a person. And this was only the beginning. 


A better view of our sashimi delights.  



This was our whole spread. Sashimi, noodles, tempura (eaten), clam soup AND a tiny bi bim bap with roe of some kind. AMAZING. So cheap. We will be doing this on a regular basis. 

One of the best parts: we got our own private dining room. Again, so cheap. So awesome. 



Ok, until next time, faithful readers. 

P.S. Happy Birthday, Diane!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Thanks for the pics :) That stuff looks amazing! You'd better hurry up and learn how to make this stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good people come from Ohio....we're everywhere! Miss you lady!!!

    ReplyDelete