Monday, April 11, 2011

How to eat like Elaine in Korea, Part 1: Cheese Ramen


 First things first. Buy this ramen. Buy the hot one! You won't be sorry. I have a sneaking suspicion that with the Korean population in Seattle, you won't have a hard time finding it.

 Put the little mushroom packet in the water. Make the water boil!!


 Add the noodles and the flavors. (I know, you're thinking, Elaine, I've made ramen before. But it's about to get crazy, I promise!)

Break an egg into the pot of boiling noodles and mix it up!! (You have no idea how difficult it was to try to do this and take a picture.)


Now you need American cheese. I have chosen this off brand Korean cheese. We are missing one crucial part of the instructions! If you are going to make cheese ramen, you have to say it like a Korean: Cheese-uh ramen.

Put your cooked ramen in a bowl and add that delicious slice of fake cheese!


Let it get allllll melty and mix it around. MMMMMMMM.


Now it should look like this. The cheese-uh makes the hot not so bad and it is so delicious. 


Finally, if you want the real Elaine in Korea experience, enjoy your cheese-uh ramen while watching old episodes of The Office. That Michael Scott, what a character!! And Pam and Jim!! It's wonderful. 



Full disclosure: I overcooked the noodles this time (and added a little too much water), but I'm not going to take all of these pictures again. It doubled my ramen making time. Also, I got some of the ramen on my white shirt. Why I didn't see that coming, I'll never know. Ok, I think that sums up all of my ramen related embarrassing personal confessions.


1 comment: