Sunday, September 18, 2011

Only in Korea

I thought I'd give you some of the random pictures I have taken over the last few months. Some things you'll only see in Korea. Or at least things I think are unique to Korea but someone will be like, Oh, yeah, we have that in ________.  But anyway, here goes. 
This man opened his eyes right after I took this picture. He may have realized I took it, but I just pretended not to notice. 

Do you think it translates?

The post-Mudfest trash pile. That's a lot of soju.

My baseball game snack. It even comes with beak. Pro tip: Even if you don't have time to finish it, do not put the squid in your backpack. I repeat, DO NOT PUT THE SQUID IN YOUR BACKPACK. I don't think I have to tell you why. 

Noraebang with my coworkers after company dinner. 

Some very intoxicated, overly friendly Koreans, who apparently claimed to be gangsters.

This was the ad on the back of the bus seat on my way to the airport. 

My whole class stopped so Alice could braid this girl's hair. Poor Harry, the only boy, was stuck watching too. 

I'm the creep that takes stealthy pictures of other people's children. But considering I was shooting from the hip, I couldn't be more pleased with this picture. 

Three microwaves outside a Family Mart near the National Museum. 
I think this says it all. 

That's my name in Korean. 

Diane bought this poop bread for me. The instructions are as follows: 1. Eat the poop bread   2. Poop   3.  Inspect your poop  4. Eat more poop bread. Obviously.


YES! The Seoul mascot. 

Coworker get away! We spent Korean Thanksgiving relaxing in a pension. It was great.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. So, Elaine, we are Lauren's parents and have been stalking your blog. (The stalking thing should explain a lot about why Lauren is who she is ...)
    Just gotta say - it's brilliant. The photos are GREAT, but the commentary has us laughing out loud. A travel writer in the making. No, really. You need to think about this.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete